History of the Domain

The Domain of the Glass factory covers 17 hectares of earth including several buildings, the old place of life of the De Solages family on the initiative of the industrial undertaking concern of Carmaux It was in 1754 that the first Royal Glass factory of the Southwest which used the coal was created. It embodied the old sister of the Labor Glass factory of Albi set up under Jean Jaurès’ cup. Since 1985, the building of the old Royal Glass factory welcomes the Museum/Center of Art Glass - Carmaux

History of the Domain

The Domain of the Glass factory covers 17 hectares of earth including several buildings, the old place of life of the De Solages family on the initiative of the industrial undertaking concern of Carmaux It was in 1754 that the first Royal Glass factory of the Southwest which used the coal was created. It embodied the old sister of the Labor Glass factory of Albi set up under Jean Jaurès’ cup. Since 1985, the building of the old Royal Glass factory welcomes the Museum/Center of Art Glass - Carmaux