Building built in 18th century it is composed, on its base, of a set of vaults in stones from Salles which sheltered formerly the coal-fired glass-making ovens.
It was in 19th century that the building was rehabilitated with the construction of the Orangery according to the second Empire style.
The old chapel of the family of Solages was restored and fitted out in glassworker’s workshops (ovens), with the support of the General Council of the Tarn and the Association of local authorities of Carmaux. It was opened to the visitors, to discover the art of the blowing to the cane and the various craft techniques of the work of the glass.
The workshop is also a place dedicated to the creation with the welcome of artists’ residence stemming from the domain of the plastic arts and from the design, invited to come to conceive works with glassworkers.
The glass-making craftsmen are also invited in residence and accompanied in the elaboration of personal artistic projects.
Situated in the entrance of the Domain, it is composed of half-timbering created in 19th century. It sheltered from the time of the Marquis de Solages, the house of the guard of the domain.
Nowadays it is dolved to artists’ welcome in residence.
The dovecote or the guardroom
This building of 18th century integrated, of the time of the Marquis de Solages, the outer wall of origin of the Domain of the Glass factory.
From the island, you have an overview of the Domain, such as had drawn Achille de Solages (1804-1887). The Solages brought back of their military campaigns, numerous varity of trees, which compose the park.
Around the pond, the presence of massifs of magnolias, and on the island of bald Cypress or Cypress of Louisiana, from the family of Taxodiacées, being able to reach 45m of height.
A romantic bridge allows us to reach the heart of the island.
These reservoirs with ice very current in the parks of castles from the 16th century. They are often characterized by an opening level with the ground and situated always in front of the North. This method allow to limit the exposition to the sun. A short tunnel, possibly provided with its sieve, slopes in the reserve of ice itself. This one is generally situated at the bottom of a wide circular well, which surmounts an attractive regular dome. All this set admirably sailed is covered with a girl stumble of earth afforested to preserve well the freshness, what confers on these small monuments the just naming of "icebox tumulus".
Working of the end of the spring at the beginning of the autumn, the icebox serves as storage place for meats and vegetables, as well as for refreshing drinks.
The appearance of the electric current and the manufacturing of the first artificial freezers from 1850, sound the knell of these picturesque monuments.
One of the curiosities of the park, this architectural ensemble established by a pit and by a system of irrigation designed in 18th for the breeding of coypus.
The statue of the Marquis Ludovic de Solages
To celebrate the 25 years of presidency of the Marquis Ludovic de Solages, the directors of the Society of the Mines of Carmaux asked for the realization of a bronze statue. The order was passed at first to Antoine Bourdelle. After his death, it was one of his old pupil Paul Niclausse who started again and finished this work in 1932.
Initially settled in the Pré-Grand park it was garaged in a shed in Saint-Benoît during the second World War to be hide face to Germans and avoid that it was melted. It rested for long years and was forget by the population.
It is intended to transport it in the cemetery deprived of the de Solages to Ste Cécile (Carmaux).
Finally in 1997, it was settled here in the domain at the request of Jean-Pierre IZARD President of the Urban District of Carmaux.
The Memorial of the war 14-18
Set up originally at the bottom of the park of the Pré-Grand, the Memorial was leaned in a hillock turfed and taken in a set of granite. It is composed of 12 bronze patches on which are engraved the names of 300 miners died during the Great War, and those who succumbed afterward in 1919 (gased and severely wounded).
It was inaugurated on September 29th, 1929, in the Pre-Grand park and called "garden of the rest" according to the terms of Charles Pérès (1857-1940), director of the Mines.
The Pré-Grand was a public garden composed of 4 hectares, fitted out from 1923 with: a big pond, a bandstand, a shelter of rest, French-style flowerbeds(orchestras), high forests and 5 bronze statues (which during the transformation of the park in industrial park were scattered in 3 municipalities of Carmaux, Blaye and St Benoît). This monument was transferred in the domain in 1981 and settled near the chapel.